Looking for something fun to do? Want to meet new friends? Sacred Hearts has a book club that meets the fourth Tuesday of the month. Here are ten reasons why you should consider joining:
- There is no cost-it is FREE!
- You can meet new people or be reacquainted with some you already know.
- You get to read a good book!
- There are meaningful discussions and sometimes debates.
- You can read outside the box.
- You could be quoting from books instead Geico commercials.
- You may read books you may otherwise have missed.
- Everyone's welcome.
- You may discover new genres and authors.
- Learn to read critically and expand your communication skills.
Book List 2016-2017
· September 27 to October 25
The Name of God is Mercy: Pope Francis (2016)
· October 25 to November 29 (Please note the November date)
Eat My Globe: One Year to Go Everywhere and Eat Everything: Simon Majumbar (2010)
· November 29 to January 24
Once in a Great City: A Detroit Story:David Maraniss (2015)
· January 24 to February 28
The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics: Daniel James Brown ( 2014)
· February 28 to March 28
All Souls: A Family Story from Southie: Michael Patrick MacDonald(2010)
· March 28 to April 25
What Jesus Saw from the Cross: A.G. Sertillanges (2013)
· April 26 to May 24
The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith: Timothy Keller (2008)
If you would like more information, please call Barb at 837-8509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.