Sacred Hearts has five choirs: Parish Choir, Folk Choir, Young People's Choir, Resurrection Choir, and a Handbell Choir. Those who wish to join a choir should have reasonably pleasant voices (not as crucial for Handbell Choir members), be able to take direction, be able to attend rehearsals and scheduled liturgies regularly and believe in teamwork!
- Sings at 9 a.m. Mass 3-4 times a month and special occasions (Christmas, Holy Week, Confirmation, etc)
- Repertoire: a variety, including traditional and contemporary; mostly 4-part music
- Age: Adults and Teens
- Sings at Mass about twice a month (11 a.m. or 5 p.m.) and on other special occasions.
- Repertoire: Mostly music in the contemporary/folk style
- Age: Adults and youth from 7th grade up
Young People’s Choir
- Sings at 9 a.m. Mass about once a month, and on other special occasions
- Repertoire: Traditional and contemporary; goal is to teach young people various types of the church's music, to teach them to work as a musical group, and to train them for leadership roles in parish music ministry
- Age: Students from 3rd grade up
- Sings at parish funerals. Rehearsals take place as needed
- Members must be available during the day, when most funerals take place
- Plays at Mass one or two weekends per month (Mass times vary), and on other special occasions (including Christmas, Easter, Memorial Day Mass at parish cemetery)
- Potential members must be able to read music and should be able to attend rehearsals and Masses regularly. (This is particularly important in a Handbell group, since each member is responsible for playing certain bells.)
If you play an instrument (trumpet, flute, drums, etc.) to the extent that you have moderate performance ability, please let us know – we may have music for you to play!
If you are an accomplished pianist or organist, we would be happy to include you in our schedule of accompanists to play for Masses and other events.