Baptism Dates: June 13, 2017, August 8, October 10, and December 12
The community of Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary Church has the following guidelines: Parent(s) anticipating a baptism for their first baby/child:
- must be registered members of Sacred Hearts Parish,
- or must have a relational tie to the parish with a letter from the pastor of their own parish, delegating us permission to Baptize their child,
- will join other prospective parents for one preparation session at the Sacred Hearts Parish Center. Please call Jessica Meyer at 837-8509 to register,and schedule a date for their child's Baptism upon completion of the class.
Baptism classes are held in the Parish Center, on the second Tuesday evening every other month, starting in August, from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Parents who have had a previous child baptized or adults and parents of children over the age of seven, who are seeking Baptism should call or email Jessica Meyer, 837-8509 for an informal meeting, to fill out the appropriate paperwork and look at available Baptism dates.
Criteria for Godparents:
- Must be at least 16 years old, and a baptized & confirmed Catholic
- Not be the mother or father of the one to be baptized
- Accept to cooperate in the spiritual life and development of the godchild
- Be a member of a Catholic parish
- A baptized person who belongs to a non-Catholic ecclesial community may be admitted as a witness to baptism together with Catholic sponsor